Educational Development Consultant
As an Educational Development Consultant, Robin engages the scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL) across the University of Calgary campus, consults with campus partners to help strengthen their teaching and learning initiatives, and supports the teaching development of individual instructors.
Robin brings a rich and varied history to this faculty role, including a Bachelor of Fine Arts in theatre performance, a PhD in educational administration, and almost ten years of university teaching experience.
Her areas of teaching interest include leadership development, faculty development, research methods, organizational theory, and self-regulated learning. Robin also maintains an active research agenda, and is currently involved in inquiry projects that investigate SoTL methodology, the evolving field of educational development, and strategic planning in higher education.
- Mueller, R. (2015). Change and improvement in post-secondary education. In D. Burgess, & P. Newton (Eds), The best available evidence: Wise decision-making for educational improvement. Rotterdam, The Netherlands: Sense Publishers.
- Mueller, R. (2014). Basics of critical realism. In D. Burgess, & P. Newton (Eds), Theoretical foundations of educational administration. New York: Routledge.
- Mueller, R. (2013). A general model of organizational values in educational administration. Educational Management, Administration and Leadership. doi: 10.1177/1741143213510504
- Mueller, R. (2011). Seeking election: Evaluating a campaign for public school board trusteeship. Canadian Journal of Education, 34(3), 213-228.
- Mueller, R., Steeves, L., Carr-Stewart, S., & Marshall, J. (2011). Teacher recruitment and retention in select First Nations schools. In Education, 17(3). http://ineducation.ca/ineducation/article/view/72/553
- Mueller, R. (2014). Models of organizational values in the administration of university student services(Greenfield Award Presentation). Commonwealth Council for Educational Administration and Management (CCEAM) and Canadian Association for the Study of Educational Administration (CASEA) joint conference, Fredericton, NB, Canada.
- Mueller, R., & Mulhall, S. (2013). Maximum impact: Putting values to work in university student services. Canadian Association of College and University Student Services (CACUSS), Montreal, QC, Canada.
- Mueller, R. (2013). Organizational values in university strategic planning: Bridging theory and practice. Canadian Society for the Study of Education (CSSE), Victoria, BC, Canada.
- Mueller, R. (2013). Experiences of organizational values in university administration. Canadian Society for the Study of Higher Education (CSSHE), Victoria, BC, Canada.
- Mueller, R. (2012, June). Exploring organizational values: A navigational tool for college and university professionals. Canadian Association of College and University Student Services Conference, Brock University, St. Catherine’s, ON, Canada.
- Mueller, R. (2012). A model of organizational values in university administration. Canadian Society for the Study of Higher Education (CSSHE), Waterloo, ON, Canada.
- Mueller, R., Steeves, L., Carr-Stewart, S., & Marshall, J. (2012). Teacher recruitment and retention: Issues in selected First Nations schools. American Educational Research Association (AERA), Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- Mueller, R. (2011). Considering quality in educational research: An exploration of quality standards. British Educational Leadership Management and Administration Society (BELMAS), Cambridge, UK.
- Mueller, R. (2011). Structured Controversy: Uncovering cross-discipline potential in an interactive classroom strategy. Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (STLHE), Saskatoon, SK, Canada.