[ Go to the grants home page. ]
To support the broader work of the university and the varying initiatives to align university activities with larger goals and values, we encourage (but do not require) grant projects that support and advance the strategic initiatives below.
A special topic track for experiential learning is available within any of the three structural streams. These projects will engage students in hands-on learning grounded in authentic learning in the field, followed by reflecting on their experiences in a way that will enable them to apply their knowledge in new settings. Examples include undergraduate research, student-led projects, clinical placements, co-op programs, practica, field trips, internships, and community-based learning. See a sample experiential learning project.
Other Strategic Initiatives
We encourage potential applicants to read about the important campus initiatives below. If your application relates to any of these initiatives, please consider aligning your project with elements of the relevant strategy, and demonstrate that alignment in your application.
- The Campus Mental Health Strategy: Read the "Creating a community of caring" strategy here.
- The Indigenous Strategy: The actual strategy will be coming soon. In the meantime, read about the plans here.
- The Institutional Sustainability Strategy: Read the "Enriching learning. Growing leaders. Accelerating Change." strategy here.
- The University of Calgary International Strategy: Read the "Becoming a global intellectual hub" plan here.
- The Strategic Framework for Learning Technologies: Read the report here.
- The 2012 Academic Plan: Read the Academic Plan here.
For questions about the grants, please email email@example.com