- had several meetings with instructors and dean-type-people in different faculties this week. Lots of interesting ideas for projects, and more interestingly, lots of interest in building up communities and communities-of-practice around many topics - including learning technologies, development, learning spaces, content creation, etc… Great stuff. Can’t wait to help support those communities (and more)!
- Met with a prof who has taught herself how to produce screencasts to create videos for use in her courses. Love it. Gave her some (very minor) tips, and set her up with a better mic and webcam to use. Can’t wait to see what she comes up with.
- getting lots of interest on campus, from people who are putting together proposals to present at the 2015 University of Calgary Conference on Learning and Teaching - which is shaping up to be a really fantastic event (again).
- mid-year reviews with my team. so good. best team ever.
- visited the video game collection at the TFDL to. um. research the history of interaction design. with the team. cough So good. Fired up an Intellivision, slid in the plastic controller sheets, and fired up Skiing.
intelligent television from D’Arcy Norman on Vimeo.
- got to visit the ER on Friday. The Boy™ is OK, and it was thankfully nothing, but dang.
- no skiing this week. likely going 3 or 4 times in the next week, though. can’t wait.