Update: Added “Radio Memories”
On the way into the office this morning, I realized that something had changed about the way I’m listening to podcasts. When my iPod is fired up (which is every day), I find I still listen to podcasts about 90% of the time – the remaining 10% is spent in Shuffle mode randomly bopping around my various playlists of actual music.
What changed was the type of podcasts that I find myself listening to. Initially, I was 100% ITConversations. Drinking from the firehose of conferencecasts, and deep interviews, and whatnot.
Now, my favorite podcasts are:
- Caribbean Free Radio – from Trinidad
- SparkleTack – about San Francisco history/culture/life
- Battlestar Galactica – Executive producer Ronald D. Moore talks about each episode
- EarthCore – the first podcast-only novel
- CBC Radio 3 – Canadian independent music
- EdTechPosse – a handful of edtech geeks from Saskatchewan
- Radio Memories – old time radio shows!
Occasionally, I’ll dip into a few others
- Art Mobs MoMA Guides
- and yes, occasionally, ITConversations
I’m not sure if my taste in podcasts has matured, or if I just burned out from the All Tech, All The Time push of a constant ITConversations feed…
Of course, when I’m coding or doing something that needs music, I usually have iTunes churn through my “My Top Rated” or “Good, Unplayed Recently” playlists at a volume that is way too loud for the continued health of my eardrums…
2 thoughts on “Changing taste in podcasts”
We made the cut for your favourite podcasts, and came in ahead of IT conversations? Wow – I’m glad we’ve got another one in the can for you to listen to soon.
Thanks for the praise, D’Arcy. I hope we keep it worth your continuing to subscribe.
good heavens, “sparkletack” as evidence of maturing taste? 🙂 i’m strangely flattered by that remark. thanks for the acknowledgement — totally cool — and thanks for listening!
Comments are closed.