I've been having a fair number of spam comments get tgrouh the filters on my blog. I've tried Akismet. I've tried SpamKarma2. I've tried Akismet AND SpamKarma2. Still, I get over a dozen spam comments published on my blog every day (and hundreds successfully killed by the filters on a typical day).
It doesn't sound like much of a problem - a dozen or two spams to deal with every day - but it makes keeping a blog with open comment posting more tedious than it needs to be. I shouldn't have to fear leaving a computer for extended periods of time, nor dread returning to connectivity after a couple of days to sift through the crap that got through (and hopefully not accidentally nuke any valid comments).
So, it's time to give Mollom a shot. I'll try it for a week to see how it works out. It's free. It works with WordPress (and Drupal, and several others) and claims to be quite effective.
Update: wow. I know it's waaaaay too early to tell, but in the hour since enabling Mollom, I've had ZERO spam get through. 26 attempts blocked already, and no moderation needed. That's a VERY good sign.
Update 2: jinx! as soon as I posted the first update, 3 spamments got through. doh...